Saturday, 8 July 2017

Decorating update


The dining room is nearly done. Here you see the new colours of yellow and orange, and I've added a new second-hand dining set and some white Ikea shelving units. 


Those doors that I was going to paint green you'll see are now both gone, and I've hung a groovy bamboo curtain over the cupboard door so I could place a shelf unit in that corner. 


I bought some little feet to go on the shelves to give them more of a finished look, and also so they can be adjusted to make up for wonky flooring (80 year old house). 


You'll also note the 1930s mirror and the Staffordshire dogs I got for my birthday! 

There's a bit more decorating to do in there, but that's pretty much it. :) 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely home you are creating, Carla. I especially like the autumn orange that contrasts with the pale yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We have an 80 year old house, too. I love the colours, and the way the orange matches the Staffordshire dogs' muzzles. They look perfect there. As does that gorgeous mirror!

    ReplyDelete

Share your wisdom, please! Comments welcome.